Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom says “the #EndSARS protest should continue without violence until leaders correct decades of wrongs in Nigeria”.
The Governor said this while speaking to journalists at the Government House, Makurdi on Monday.
Ortom stated that as a son of an ex-policeman, he had long observed that policemen are not properly funded.
“The police should be well funded, trained and equip to so as to perform their constitutional duty of protecting lives and properties,” said Ortom.
He added: ” I will join the protest if my people called on me to do so.”
According to Ortom, the protest was not only about end SARS alone, but impunity occasion by attacked and killings by herdsmen of harmless farmers without effort by the Federal Government to bring the perpetrators to justice.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Pensioners reject Government’s plan to borrow from pension fund
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today
- ‘Fisayo Soyombo Wins Kurt Schork Award in International Journalism after five attempts in six years
- Ali Ndume to withdraw as Abdulrasheed Maina’s Surety
- Nominations the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas
- Arik Air sacks 300 staff members, claims economic hardship