Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom says “the #EndSARS protest should continue without violence until leaders correct decades of wrongs in Nigeria”.
The Governor said this while speaking to journalists at the Government House, Makurdi on Monday.
Ortom stated that as a son of an ex-policeman, he had long observed that policemen are not properly funded.
“The police should be well funded, trained and equip to so as to perform their constitutional duty of protecting lives and properties,” said Ortom.
He added: ” I will join the protest if my people called on me to do so.”
According to Ortom, the protest was not only about end SARS alone, but impunity occasion by attacked and killings by herdsmen of harmless farmers without effort by the Federal Government to bring the perpetrators to justice.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Buhari orders soldiers to shoot anybody seen with AK-47 – Garba Shehu
- Just in: EndSARS protesters stole $2m, N17m in my palace – Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration