Estimated Reading Time: 1
Hoodlums on Monday have attacked the Oko Medium Security Centre in Edo State and freed the inmates and made away with valuables from offices of prison officials.
NewsWireNGR gathered that the thugs overpowered the five armed guards in the prison facility and looted shops around the area
This is coming some hours after some hoodlums hijacked #EndSARS protest to attack the Benin Correctional Centre and freed inmates.
A prison source told The Punch: “They came in their thousands and their mission was to free inmates. They have been communicating with the inmates because even before they broke into the facility, the inmates were already rioting inside the place.”
Earlier, The Edo State government had imposed a 24-hour curfew across the state till further notice. The curfew is to take effect from 4pm, today, October 19, 2020.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Just In: Nigerian Army Chief, Buratai Asks Generals to Launch Spiritual Warfare Against Insecurity
- Bayelsa By-Elections: 3 policemen drown in boat mishap
- Breaking: Chief Harry Ayoade Akande, is dead
- Nigerian Soldier assaults, strips lady naked in Ogun over ‘indecent dressing’
- US removes visa reciprocity fees for Nigerian applicants
- Pensioners reject Government’s plan to borrow from pension fund
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today
- ‘Fisayo Soyombo Wins Kurt Schork Award in International Journalism after five attempts in six years
- Ali Ndume to withdraw as Abdulrasheed Maina’s Surety