Estimated Reading Time: 1
Hoodlums on Monday have attacked the Oko Medium Security Centre in Edo State and freed the inmates and made away with valuables from offices of prison officials.
NewsWireNGR gathered that the thugs overpowered the five armed guards in the prison facility and looted shops around the area
This is coming some hours after some hoodlums hijacked #EndSARS protest to attack the Benin Correctional Centre and freed inmates.
A prison source told The Punch: “They came in their thousands and their mission was to free inmates. They have been communicating with the inmates because even before they broke into the facility, the inmates were already rioting inside the place.”
Earlier, The Edo State government had imposed a 24-hour curfew across the state till further notice. The curfew is to take effect from 4pm, today, October 19, 2020.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Buhari orders soldiers to shoot anybody seen with AK-47 – Garba Shehu
- Just in: EndSARS protesters stole $2m, N17m in my palace – Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration