Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigeria’s First Lady, Mrs Aisha Buhari has created a Twitter Hashtag #Achechijamaa with literally means ‘save the people’ and shared it with a music video over worsening insecurity in Northern Nigeria but ignores Endsars advocacy.
Young Nigerians took to the streets to force the end of a notorious police unit last week. The call to #EndSARS was ultimately met and protesters seem determined to stay on the streets to hold power to account.
NewsWireNGR could not confirm the name of the singer in the music video which shows images of Security Service Chiefs in meetings with President Buhari at the Presidential Villa. But this is the first time the President’s wife is commenting since the start of the protest against Police brutality across the country.
The song which appeals to President Buhari to address insecurity in the North is rendered in the Hausa Language.
It goes thus: “Please in the name of God, pay attention and intervene on our plight…. The North is crying! Our blood is being shed! Our people are being killed! Our properties and wealth
Meanwhile, the #EndSARS protests continued on Saturday as economic activities were paralysed in some places across the country, including Lagos, Abuja, and Enugu.
Hundreds of protesters barricaded the Kubwa-Zuba Expressway in Abuja, grinding traffic to a halt.
While some of the campaigners blocked the Kubwa section of the expansive highway, close to the NNPC Junction, others were said to have also blocked off the Gwarimpa section, causing a gridlock in the area.
The march caused motorists and commuters to be stranded on the 10-lane highway for many hours, with no security personnel seen in the vicinity.
Human and vehicular movements were also grounded on Saturday on major roads in Nsukka town, Nsukka Local Government Area of Enugu State, as a result of the #EndSARS protest.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Breaking: Hoodlums set ablaze Nnamdi Azikiwe’s statue ablaze in Anambra
- Breaking: Houses owned by Senator Ndoma Egba, Gershom Bassey looted and burnt in calabar
- Afenifere and Ohaneze Ndigbo beg thugs to cease looting #EndSARS
- Osun State Government revokes suspended curfew, declares another 24 hour lockdown
- Angry mob invade and rob senator’s residence in Ibadan
- Fredrick Nwabufo: ‘Hoodlums’ – the new title for hired thugs and unknown soldiers
- US considers visa restriction on officials culpable in the shooting of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Toll Plaza
- Oyigbo town has become IPOB’s main operational base in Rivers State – Governor Wike
- #EndSARS: Super Eagles’ John Ogu ask players to boycott games
- Wizkid announced as new face of Puma sportswear