Estimated Reading Time: 1
Protesters who are demanding the disbandment of the special anti-robbery squad (SARS) are currently at the police headquarters in Abuja, demanding to meet Mohammed Adamu, inspector general of police (IGP).
The placard carrying protesters have been chanting, “ IGP, End SARS Now, Buhari, End SARS”, have spent the last two hours at the Police Headquarters insisting to meet with the IG of Police.
NewsWireNGR Correspondent reports that the protesters were told the was not around but they vowed not to leave the premises until they meet with the IGP.
Abdul Mahmud, a human rights lawyer had earlier advised the protesters to select a leader but the insisted there won’t be “leaders”.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNG
- Presidency defends Pantami, says he’s the victim of a ‘cancel campaign’
- Instagram Comedian and Influencer, Pankeeroy arrested for Bitcoin fraud
- Popular Yoruba Actor, Baba Ijesha arrested for allegedly raping 14 year old
- Oyo State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja to cost N1.2 Billion
- Allegations against Pantami are not a big deal – Arewa group
- We have strengthened security at the borders to prevent infiltration from Chad – Defence Minister
- COVID-19: Lagos concludes administration of vaccine first dose
- 8 AK-47 rifles stolen from soldiers in Benue have been recovered -Governor Ortom
- Judiciary workers in Lagos announce partial resumption
- Gunmen kidnap 18 persons in Ibarapa, Oyo State