Estimated Reading Time: 1
Protesters who are demanding the disbandment of the special anti-robbery squad (SARS) are currently at the police headquarters in Abuja, demanding to meet Mohammed Adamu, inspector general of police (IGP).
The placard carrying protesters have been chanting, “ IGP, End SARS Now, Buhari, End SARS”, have spent the last two hours at the Police Headquarters insisting to meet with the IG of Police.
NewsWireNGR Correspondent reports that the protesters were told the was not around but they vowed not to leave the premises until they meet with the IGP.
Abdul Mahmud, a human rights lawyer had earlier advised the protesters to select a leader but the insisted there won’t be “leaders”.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNG
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%