Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Independent National electoral commission, INEC, has reacted to reports of a boat conveying INEC officials and materials that capsized in Ilaje LGA of Ondo State.
Responding to an inquiry by PREMIUM TIMES on Saturday, a spokesperson to the commission, Festus Okoye, said the there was no casualty, and no electoral material was damaged.
He also revealed that the incident happened on Friday at about 7 p.m.
“One of the boats carrying some of the ad-hoc staff took off from the jetty at Igbokada and capsized on their way to Ilaje.
“All the ad hoc staff were rescued by the escort naval officers and they proceeded and all of them are in good health and we did not lose any staff or material.
“This happened yesterday around 7 p.m. They arrived RAC and everything is under control.”
INEC has kicked off the governorship elections in the 18 LGAs of the state.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNG
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore