Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian celebrities including Folarin Falana popularly known as Falz; and pop star, Runtown have joined voices calling for an end to police brutality and extra-judicial killings.
The music artistes led a group of young Nigerians in a protest calling for the total disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) and reform of Nigeria Police.
Other artistes including Tiwa Savage, Paul of Psquare, Jaywon, Dremo, This is Wurld and popular Dj Spinall also joined in the march.
A host of Big Brother Naija Reality Television Stars, Elozonam Ogbolu, Ahneeka, Soma, Tacha, Anto Lecky, and Prince Enwerem, were also part of the protest in Lagos.
The protest started on Wednesday with youths gathered at Ikeja Underbridge displaying placards and sharing videos and photos using the hashtag #LagosProtests. They vowed to continue the protest for the next three days.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party