Estimated Reading Time: 1
Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, Hakeem Odumosu is currently in an emergency meeting with the operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad in the State on the strict compliance with the directives issued by the Inspector General of Police.
The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu on Sunday banned personnel of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad and other tactical squads from carrying out routine patrols and other conventional low-risk duties.
This includes stop and search duties, checkpoints, mounting of roadblocks and traffic checks.
In a statement by the force public relations officer, Frank Mba, the special squads are to now concentrate and respond only to cases of armed robbery, kidnapping and other violent crimes.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan