Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former President Goodluck Jonathan says he has accepted the apology of the son of former President Shehu Shagari, Aminu, who worked against him during the run-up to the 2015 Presidential election.
Jonathan made the remarks on his Facebook page, Monday, while acknowledging Aminu’s public apology.
The former President said he never took offence and was not the type to harbour grudges.
He wrote, “Dear Honourable Aminu Shagari, Thank you for your apology. However, I never took offence. My firm belief is that I am a pencil in the Hand of God.
“Therefore, I have no enemies to fight, because of my confidence that people can only do to me what God permits. I urge you to continue to emulate the humility of your father, the late President Shehu Shagari, a most detribalised Nigerian. May God bless you. GEJ.”
Aminu, who is a three-term House of Representatives member, had apologised to Jonathan for supporting the then All Progressives Congress candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, who won the 2015 Presidential election.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Messing with mercenaries on Boko Haram again
- Bye-election: EFCC arrests a top Bauchi State government official for alleged vote buying
- Just In: Nigerian Army Chief, Buratai Asks Generals to Launch Spiritual Warfare Against Insecurity
- Bayelsa By-Elections: 3 policemen drown in boat mishap
- Breaking: Chief Harry Ayoade Akande, is dead
- Nigerian Soldier assaults, strips lady naked in Ogun over ‘indecent dressing’
- US removes visa reciprocity fees for Nigerian applicants
- Pensioners reject Government’s plan to borrow from pension fund
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today