Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former President Goodluck Jonathan says he has accepted the apology of the son of former President Shehu Shagari, Aminu, who worked against him during the run-up to the 2015 Presidential election.
Jonathan made the remarks on his Facebook page, Monday, while acknowledging Aminu’s public apology.
The former President said he never took offence and was not the type to harbour grudges.
He wrote, “Dear Honourable Aminu Shagari, Thank you for your apology. However, I never took offence. My firm belief is that I am a pencil in the Hand of God.
“Therefore, I have no enemies to fight, because of my confidence that people can only do to me what God permits. I urge you to continue to emulate the humility of your father, the late President Shehu Shagari, a most detribalised Nigerian. May God bless you. GEJ.”
Aminu, who is a three-term House of Representatives member, had apologised to Jonathan for supporting the then All Progressives Congress candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, who won the 2015 Presidential election.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Buhari orders soldiers to shoot anybody seen with AK-47 – Garba Shehu
- Just in: EndSARS protesters stole $2m, N17m in my palace – Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration