Estimated Reading Time: 1
Senator Smart Adeyemi, representing Kogi west, says he will sponsor bills for the enactment of the Mosaic law as a measure to curb corruption in the country.
At a retreat for the senate press corps in Lokoja, Kogi state, on Saturday, Senator Adeyemi said public officers will not steal if their hands are cut off.
The senator said the law will deter people from stealing.
Like I said on the floor of the senate; if we want this country to be great, we must look at some acts of parliament; moreso the ones that have to do with anti-graft agencies. I want my children to be happier than I am in Nigeria, and to do that there must be enough money to meet the needs and aspirations of the people,” he said.
“What am I talking about? Let us confront corruption. Very soon I’m coming back to the chamber to bring bills on ICPC and EFCC. I want us to introduce Mosaic law, what you call Sharia law. By the time you cut the hands of 10, 20 people in this country, nobody will want to steal again.
“By the time you say two, three people should face serious punishment; if you say that is too harsh let us have mechanised agriculture of about 200, 250 acres, once you are involved in corruption, you will spend your life farming for us.” He said
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Reconsidering Lagos State’s approach to the COVID-19 second wave
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN