Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari has joined the citizens of the United States of America in wishing their president Donald Trump and his wife Melania a quick recovery from COVID-19.
The US President on Friday took to his social media to announce that himself and the First Lady had contracted the disease.
President Buhari in a statement on Friday by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, sympathised with them, saying that the incident of COVID-19 in the White House manifests the challenge posed by the pandemic across the world, and the difficulty in containing the spread.
While wishing the American First Family a speedy turnaround in their current health status, President Buhari urged more compliance among Nigerians to protocols, and adherence to the advice of medical doctors, particularly epidemiologists.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis