Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Suspended Acting Chairman of the Economic & Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu has told the probe panel investigating him that he’s never received a bribe from anyone in his life.
At the proceedings Wednesday, Magu challenged anyone who has ever offered him a bribe which he accepted to “come out publicly to confront him before the Justice Ayo Salami panel”.
Magu said this while responding to allegations that he allowed a suspect Hima Aboubakar, a Nigerien National to escape from justice.
On Monday, the suspended EFCC chairman opened his defense to the allegations of ‘Alleged Abuse of Office and Mismanagement of Federal Government Recovered Assets and Finances’ leveled against him.
The probe panel has allowed him to have only two lawyers represent him at a time. On Monday & Tuesday, he was represented by Wahab Shittu and Aliyu Lemu.
In today’s proceedings, he was represented by Shittu and Tosin Ojaomo.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’