Estimated Reading Time: 1
Hauwa Ojeifo, founder of She Writes Woman, has won the Bill and Melinda Gates Goalkeepers award as the global changemaker of the year 2020.
Ojeifo leads She Writes Woman, a women-led movement giving mental health a voice in Nigeria.
According to the Gates Foundation, the award, which celebrates an individual who has inspired change using personal experience or from a position of leadership, recognizes Hauwa Ojeifo of Nigeria for her work promoting gender equality (global goal #5).
Africa Director at @GatesFoundation / Directeur Afrique de La Foundation Bill et Melinda Gates, Cheikh Oumar Seydi, wrote, “Congratulations to @Hauwa_Ojeifo for winning this year’s Goalkeepers Changemaker Award! Hauwa is an extraordinary young leader, giving mental health a voice in #Nigeria and driving forward efforts to achieve #genderequality and #HealthForAll“….
She won the goalkeepers award alongside John Nkengasong, the director of Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC).
Ms Hauwa Ojeifo, @hauwa_ojeifo wrote, “I am proud to be this year’s winner of the Goalkeepers Global Goals Changemaker Award (by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation) for my continuing work on Goal 5, Gender Equality and Goal 3, Good Health and Wellbeing with my organisation She Writes Woman”.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Abia State Government gives 7 Days ultimatum to street traders in Aba
- Oyo State gets first female Police Commissioner
- Wedding Photos: Former speaker Dimeji Bankole weds Kebbi Governor’s daughter
- Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets qualify for WAFU final, U17 AFCON
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns