Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Independent National Electoral Commission has presented certificates of return to the governor elect, Godwin Obaseki and the deputy governor elect, Philip Shaibu in the just concluded governorship election in Edo state.
INEC returning officer declared Godwin Obaseki winner of the governorship election on Sunday having satisfied the requirement of the law and scoared the highest number of votes.
Mr Godwin Obaseki of the People’s Democratic Party polled a total of 307,955 to defeat his closest rival, Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the All Progressives Congress, who polled 223,619 votes.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila says Lagos needs N1 Trillion to reconstruct properties damaged
- 5 days after it happened, Presidency finally addresses Lekki shootings
- Lagos Attacks: Akeredolu says ‘there is an agenda beyond #EndSARS’
- Curfew in Lagos now from 8pm to 6am says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Oyo State Government to reopen schools on Monday 26th October
- IPOB says it will resume peaceful protests on Monday
- Return stolen property in 72 hours or face prosecution; Osun Governor warns looters
- South-West Governors, ministers visit Sanwo-Olu to sympathise
- Breaking: NECO suspends ongoing examination indefinitely
- Cross River Governor, Ayade orders police to carry out house-to-house search for looted properties