Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Independent National Electoral Commission has presented certificates of return to the governor elect, Godwin Obaseki and the deputy governor elect, Philip Shaibu in the just concluded governorship election in Edo state.
INEC returning officer declared Godwin Obaseki winner of the governorship election on Sunday having satisfied the requirement of the law and scoared the highest number of votes.
Mr Godwin Obaseki of the People’s Democratic Party polled a total of 307,955 to defeat his closest rival, Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the All Progressives Congress, who polled 223,619 votes.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’