Estimated Reading Time: 1
The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Edo State, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, has just cast his vote.
He voted at 9:30 am at polling unit 26, ward 5 in Iguododo community, Orionhwon Local Government Area
He expressed the confidence that he would win the poll if the peaceful situation at his unit was the same everywhere.
He commended INEC for good arrangements put in place for the poll.
He said, “The accreditation is very easy, I have done that and they gave me the ballot paper. Where the ballot box is placed is covered and that means you can vote with some level of privacy.
“I cannot say that what is happening here is happening all over the state because the communication is not very good.
“I am happy I have been able to vote. I am very confident of winning and I just hope what is happening here is replicated all over the state.”
Meanwhile, the governorship election in Edo State started peacefully with impressive voters’ turnout in most wards across the state.
However, there was no social distancing at Oba Market polling unit, Oredo LGA as voters got ready to cast their votes.
Although the situation does not suggest the likelihood of violence, there is a massive security presence in cities, towns, and villages.
There is compliance with the restriction on movement across the state.
- Buhari orders soldiers to shoot anybody seen with AK-47 – Garba Shehu
- Just in: EndSARS protesters stole $2m, N17m in my palace – Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration