Estimated Reading Time: 1
They also killed another police officer before abducting two wives of a prominent businessman in the area.
The marauders were said to have struck around 1am on Thursday.
It was said that the policemen were ambushed and killed by the bandits while trying to rescue the abductees.
Another account said that the bandits first stormed the station, killed the DPO and one inspector of police before abducting the housewives at their residence.
It was said that the bandits went away with the guns of the slain officers.
However, the spokesman of the Sokoto state police Command, ASP Muhammad Sadiq confirmed the attack to Daily Trust.
“At the moment, it is confirmed that there was an unwarranted attack on the Gidan Madi Divisional Headquarters last night.
“I enjoin us all to await further information on the attack at the conclusion of investigation that had already been directed by the Commissioner who is at the moment conducting an on the spot assessment of the Division, please,” he said.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’