Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 has raised the alarm that international travellers from some specific countries, who are COVID-19 positive, have been making their way into the country by presenting fake PCR results.
The National Coordinator of the Presidential task force on COVID-19, Sani Aliyu, disclosed this on Tuesday, in response to the joint Senate committees on Health and Aviation on the testing procedures, following the reopening of the international airspace.
The coordinator said in one instance, up to 40 per cent of passengers in a single flight tested positive for COVID-19 despite having tested negative before boarding from their respective countries.
Mr Aliya said an adjustment has been made to the validity period of PCR tests to be presented before boarding from seven to four days.
However, the Senate said it is worried about the low number of laboratories in the country but promised that the request for 52 labs will be made in the 2021 budget.
After about five months of being on lockdown due to the pandemic, International flights resumed at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos on Saturday.
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help
- I raped her for collecting my money and refusing me sex – Suspect confesses
- Investigation: Nigeria’s government is waging a never-ending war on public freedoms
- My son knows I am vehemently against his sexuality – Doyin Okupe reacts to his son’s sexuality
- Gani Adams support Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen
- Court convicts 20-year-old for doctoring fake ‘Sex Tape’ of Imo Commissioner, Willie Amadi
- Yoruba people traditionally have what it takes to defend themselves against all enemy attacks – Alaafin writes open letter to Buhari