Estimated Reading Time: 1
Public and private schools in Lagos are to resume for the new 2020/2021 academic session on Monday, September 21, 2020.
However while all classes in private primary and secondary schools are permitted to resume, only JSS 3 and SS2 students in public schools will return to classes.
These were contained in a statement dated 13th September 2020 by Head Public Affairs Unit of the Lagos Ministry of Education Kayode Abayomi.
He said the Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo, explained the ministry is adopting a phased approach to opening public primary and secondary schools.
“The present JSS 3 and SSS 2 students in public schools in the state are to resume classes from Monday, 21st of September, 2020.
“This phased approach to opening will enable public schools meet COVID-19 social distance rules and safety protocols and will help us watch the behaviour of the pandemic as we gradually open up our schools.
“The resumption will permit the present JS 3 students who are already in an exit class to revise and get adequately prepared for their forthcoming Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) organised by the Lagos State Examination Board and scheduled between Tuesday, 6th and Monday, 12th of October, 2020.
However, all classes in private primary and secondary schools are permitted to resume from Monday, 21st of September, 2020.
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home
- Lessons Nigerians should learn from the Donald Trump presidency
- This government is reversing the spate of insecurity – Senate President promises
- Ondo State Government insists herdsmen must leave forest reserves within 7 days
- Matthew Hassan Kukah: An Open letter to Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello
- “We need to de-link terrorism and crimes from ethnicity” – Presidency wants Ondo Governor to stop ultimatum given to herdsmen
- Gunmen kidnap Deeper Life varsity deputy VC in Nasarawa
- We support decision to shutdown churches that flout COVID-19 protocols – Oyo CAN