Estimated Reading Time: 2
The Imo State Governor, Senator Hope Uzodinma, Saturday stormed Benin City, capital of Edo State where he mobilised the Igbo in the state to vote for the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.
Uzodimma sought sipport for Ize-Iyamu when he was honoured by the Igbo Youth Union (IYU) in Benin, which is a youth wing of the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohaneze Ndi Igbo in Edo State
Speaking on the occasion, the Imo State Governor described Governor Godwin Obaseki’s tax policies as anti Igbo, therefore, urging Ndigbo in Edo State vote for Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu and the All Progressives Congress (APC), Thisday Newspaper reports.
According to him, “Obaseki and his PDP have been blackmailing the APC, alleging that we want to rig election. Meanwhile, that is exactly what he is planning. But, let me tell our Igbo people to go out there and vote for APC. We will protect the votes. We will stop Obaseki from rigging.
“We have many of our brothers and sisters who own businesses in Edo State, but those businesses are suffering today due to the inhuman policies of the PDP administration in Edo.
“As Igbo, we must be vigilant, so that people will not decieve you. PDP is coming today begging for your votes just because they need it now, but that is deceit. This governor does not like the Igbos. They are only coming because of the votes and after that Obaseki will abandon you.”
Earlier, Chairman of the Igbo Youth Union, Obinna Anwatu, said that the presence of Governor Uzodimma in Edo State had heightened their determination to deliver APC in the forthcoming election, adding that the award given to the governor was in recognition of his developmental strides across the 27 Local Government Areas in Imo State.
Immediate past National Chairman of the APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, described Governor Uzodimma as a genuine party man, adding that his eight months reign so far as governor of Imo State has brought geniune progress to the state.
- Abia State Government gives 7 Days ultimatum to street traders in Aba
- Oyo State gets first female Police Commissioner
- Wedding Photos: Former speaker Dimeji Bankole weds Kebbi Governor’s daughter
- Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets qualify for WAFU final, U17 AFCON
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns