Estimated Reading Time: 2
The Islamic Movement in Nigeria, otherwise known as ‘Shi’ite’, has petitioned the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, and the National Film and Video Censors Board over a movie titled ‘Fatal Arrogance’.
In a statement on Thursday, the President, Media Forum of IMN, Ibrahim Musa, accused the Nigerian Army of sponsoring the movie, saying, “In a normal circumstance, this kind of clips can be dismissed but not at a time like this.
“The Islamic Movement in Nigeria wishes to call upon the respected professionals of Nollywood to address this issue immediately.
“If film producers are not careful, some disgruntled elements in governance will make them side with the oppressors against the oppressed as the film “Fatal Arrogance” is meant to achieve.
“Genocide is involved here; any move to justify the brutal and inhuman Zaria genocide of December 2015 is an affront on the Rome Status of the International Criminal Court.
“Evidently, for every Nigerian, these clips are meant to disparage the peaceful movement and portray it to the world as a violent armed movement.
“Also, the movie on the pipeline has the same title as Kuanum Terrence’s book that died on its arrival, where he blamed the victims of terror for being their own nemesis. He had launched what he called a book titled ‘Fatal Arrogance: How El-Zakzaky Hypnotised IMN Members into Killing Themselves while Protecting Him’. As ridiculous as the name may sound, the content is not far from that too.”
It added, “We want the world, Nigerians in particular, to bear witness that this film, ‘Fatal Arrogance’, can be used in creating conflicts among our diverse communities.
“It is a propaganda machine that can deceive millions, and it’s also an easy way to use for character assassination.
“It can be used to distort the truth, free criminals and blame the victims as well as making the bad guys the good guys.
“We, therefore, call on well-meaning Nigerians to put pressure on the producers of that abominable film to stop it.”
- PDP says the prophecy that the APC and its leaders will be stoned for failure has come to pass
- Breaking: Gunmen Kill First Class Traditional Ruler
- #EndSARS: Feminist Coalition website suffers suspected cyberattack
- APC chairman formally receives Senator found guilty of assault, into the party
- ‘Northern Nigeria is the worst place to live in this country’ – Sultan Of Sokoto laments
- Twitter Lawsuit: “We got notice for the hearing late” Adamu Garba explains absence from court
- Mahmood Yakubu asks National Assembly to pass amended electoral act before Q1 2021
- Nigeria is the third most terrorized country in the world according to Global Terrorism Index
- Argentine football legend, Diego Maradona to be buried in Buenos Aires
- Lai Mohammed says despite recession, Nigeria’s economy is improving