Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Ministry of Transportation has constituted a committee to draw up guidelines for the disbursement of the 10 billion naira Federal Government palliative fund for road transport operators and workers.
The Minister of State for Transportation, Gbemisola Saraki disclosed this when the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) paid her a courtesy visit in Abuja.
She urged the unions to interface towards having one recognized body that the Ministry can deal with so that the funds can be disbursed as soon as possible because palliative as the name implies when over delayed defeats the intent and purposes.
This, she said, would also ensure that the fund is disbursed as soon as possible, adding that it would be counter-productive to delay the disbursement.
- Buhari will on Thursday depart Abuja for Bissau
- Just In: Buhari approves construction of $1.9 billion rail line to Niger Republic
- Lagos donates 51 SUVs and eight houses to judges – second time in a year official vehicles were donated to judiciary
- 23 people, including school children, die in fuel tanker fire in Lokoja
- Just In: President Buhari has signed a long-awaited oil-reform bill?
- Buhari orders marketers of fertilisers to sell their products at N5,000 per 50kg bag
- Court says Buhari contravened law on Appointment of Judges’
- Appeal Court Hears Police Brutality on Nigerian Journalist 11 Years after
- APC says it lost the governorship election because of Adams Oshiomhole
- CBN says only account holders can deposit FX cash into domiciliary accounts – here’s why