Estimated Reading Time: 1
The National Association of Resident doctors has suspended the nationwide strike its members embarked upon to demand theimplementation of the agreement it reached with the federal government.
The suspension of the strike is coming few minutes the minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige threatened that the federal government will invoke ‘no work no pay’ policy of the doctors failed to call off the strike today.
The doctors started the nationwide strike on Monday over what they called failure of the federal government to honour agreement reached.
Both parties had been locked in negotiations to resolve issues that led to the declaration of a nationwide strike on Monday.
Some of the issues revolved around the provision of group life insurance for doctors and other Health Care Workers, payment of death-in-service benefit to next of kin/beneficiaries, Universal implementation of the Medical Residency Training Act in all Federal and State, immediate review of the Hazard Allowance of Health Care Workers and payment of the Covid-19 Inducement Allowance
- “Discontinue the street protests” – Read Muhammadu Buhari’s speech
- Breaking: Edo state govt reviews 24-hour curfew earlier imposed on the state
- US Govt wants the prosecution of all those involved in killings of #EndSARS protesters
- “We have received information alleging crimes” – ICC on #EndSARS protests in Nigeria
- We give you 24 hours to return the staff of office of the Oba of Lagos OR…… – Lagos ruling house declares
- Breaking: Finally, Buhari to address Nigerians after #LekkiMassacre and #EndSARS
- The Nigerian army says videos of Lekki tollgate shooting are photoshopped and fake
- NSA says Buhari is to provide a solution to nationwide crisis
- It was a system glitch – Instagram apologizes for censoring #EndSARS posts
- Just In: Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison