Estimated Reading Time: 1
Bakers have vowed to react to price increase in baking ingredients by increasing the prices of bread.
The Premium Breadmakers Association of Nigeria and the Association of Master Bakers and Caterers of Nigeria gave this warning on Thursday at a press conference in Lagos.
The President, PBAN, Tosan Jemide, complained that businesses had been comatose due to the incessant increase in the prices of baking ingredients.
He noted that in the last six months, the prices of flour, sugar and other baking ingredients have skyrocketed without a corresponding increase in the prices of bread by member bakeries.
Jemide said, “We have been busy helping them remain profitable while our businesses suffer, because we are more in tune with the purchasing power of the consumer and are deeply concerned about food security.
Jemide appealed to government to intervene in the rising cost by prevailing on sellers and imploring millers to put a stop to the incessant increment of the prices of commodities.
He also called on the President, Muhammadu Buhari, to help the industry by reining in on the millers or supporting them in whatever way they could to help the manufacturers and distributors with forex.
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government