Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State Electricity Board has revealed that efforts towards transforming the City’s energy landscape are in top gear as the government desires to expand the energy services across the State.
Speaking at a media parley held at the Lagos Energy Academy, Ikeja, the GM of the Board, Engr. Mukhtaar Tijani, affirmed that the increasing energy demands in the State, due to expanded civilisation and increased population, have led to concerns over the limited energy resources.
Reeling out the programmes the Agency has lined up to support the policy of the State government as encapsulated in the T.H.E.M.E.S Agenda, Tijani submitted that the focus of the Board is on sustainable energy supply, which entails optimised use of energy to minimise pollution.
According to him, “While a sustainable energy future requires structural reform and the facilitation of technology transfer, the four pillars of development – Economic, Political, Social and the Environment – must be considered during policy formulation because sustainable energy resources must be economically viable, politically supported, socially equitable and environmentally acceptable”.
He explained that the flagship initiative towards this effort is the conduct of energy audit for structures across the State with the aim of developing comprehensive master plan that will serve as a blueprint towards investment in energy infrastructure & clean energy technology.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’