Estimated Reading Time: 1
The resumption of forex sales to the Bureau De Change operators by the Central Bank of Nigeria on Monday , beginning from today will strengthen the exchange rate of the naira to the dollar according to the operators.
In a circular, the CBN had announced plans to resume sale of foreign exchange to BDCs today as part of effort to enhance accessibility to foreign exchange.
The naira, which traded on the parallel market at N420 to a dollar on Friday sold for N480 a week earlier.
The President, Association of Bureaux De Change Operators of Nigeria, Alhaji Aminu Gwadabe, expressed support for the CBN action on forex sale.
“The anticipated intervention in the BDC sector will ensure stability in the foreign exchange market,” he said.
According to him, speculators in the forex market had been dealt a huge blow with the sharp drop in the exchange rate, which he said would continue a downward trend with the resumption of international flights in and out of the country.
The Director, Corporate Communications Department at the CBN, Isaac Okorafor, assured that those requiring foreign exchange for purposes of travel, educational fees and other invisibles could obtain such over the counter from their respective banks.
- Laycon wins Big Brother Naija Season 5
- Convoy of Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, was again attacked on Sunday
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo