Estimated Reading Time: 2
The chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC), caretaker committee, Mai Mala Buni, says only the APC can win the governorship election in Ondo state.
Speaking with journalists after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday, Buni said the president endorsed Akeredolu and commended the work his administration has done thus far.
“APC is the only party that can win election in Ondo, not only because APC as a party is the only party but because the governor there is performing and has performed, the people of Ondo state have seen themselves and have agreed to themselves that yes, he is the only man they can trust for the next four years,” he said.
“So Mr. President has endorsed him. That’s what we have been looking for, his blessing, his endorsement, his encouragement and his support and we have gotten that already
“We are here today to present our candidate to Mr. President and being the leader of the party for his blessing. That has always been the practice, we cannot kick-start our campaign without his endorsement and that is what we have just done.
“We are all products of our choices and the people of Ondo State are wise now to choose him to continue the good work he is doing. So I am very much optimistic that the good people of Ondo State will renew their mandate.”
Also speaking with reporters, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governor of Lagos and chairman of APC campaign council in Ondo, said their job has been made easier because Akeredolu has performed well.
“When you have a good product and people have seen and have agreed. It makes our job easier,” Sanwo-Olu said.
“Our good friend and brother, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, has not only done well, he is a progressive and he is a man that has stood over the last four years, carrying his people along and doing all to ensure that good governance continues in Ondo state.”
The governorship election has been scheduled for October 10.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’