Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Association of Resident Doctors (ARD) in the Federal Capital Territory Abuja, will begin an indefinite strike action with effect from 8am, September 1, 2020 until the payment of the COVID-19 hazard and inducement allowance is received and the variation of the 2018 promotion exercise implemented.
This was contained in a communique signed by the President of the chapter, Dr Roland Aigbovo, after its virtual emergency general meeting following the expiration of a 14-day ultimatum given to the FCT Administration over the non-payment of covid-19 hazard and inducement allowance to health workers and other pending issues as contained in the communique submitted to the administration dated 14 August, 2020.
He observed that the decision followed the insensitivity displayed by the Office of the Permanent Secretary, FCT and widespread agitations among members of the association in the various FCT hospitals and isolation/treatment centres.
Dr. Aigbovo, who said that the association regrets any inconveniences the decision might cause the Federal Capital Territory Administration and the general public needing healthcare delivery during this period, implored the FCT administration to also look into the other myriads of problems raised in their earlier communication to the administration.
“The congress observes with dismay that despite timelines and promises made to pay the covid-19 hazard and inducement allowance within the period of the issued ultimatum, the allowance is still yet to be paid to health care workers in the various FCT Hospitals and the covid-19 isolation and treatment centres thereby negating the positive gains already achieved,”
“As an association, we believe in dialogue as a means of dispute resolution and we have always stood by this principle in all our dealings with the FCTA management even in the face of financial burden but we note with dismay the care free approach exhibited by the office of the Permanent Secretary, Federal Capital Territory in handling this” Dr Aigbovo said
- “Discontinue the street protests” – Read Muhammadu Buhari’s speech
- Breaking: Edo state govt reviews 24-hour curfew earlier imposed on the state
- US Govt wants the prosecution of all those involved in killings of #EndSARS protesters
- “We have received information alleging crimes” – ICC on #EndSARS protests in Nigeria
- We give you 24 hours to return the staff of office of the Oba of Lagos OR…… – Lagos ruling house declares
- Breaking: Finally, Buhari to address Nigerians after #LekkiMassacre and #EndSARS
- The Nigerian army says videos of Lekki tollgate shooting are photoshopped and fake
- NSA says Buhari is to provide a solution to nationwide crisis
- It was a system glitch – Instagram apologizes for censoring #EndSARS posts
- Just In: Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison