Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Buhari has congratulated the newly reelected president of the African Development Bank, Akinwunmi Adesina.
In a personal message sent from his Twitter account, the president says he has no doubt that Adesina wi achieve more during his second tenure.
“I thank the African Union for its early endorsement of Dr. Adesina, and also thank the shareholders of the bank who worked tirelessly for his re-election victory.
Let me reiterate my earlier pledges of the full support of the Nigerian government to ensure a successful second term for Dr. Adesina. I pray that the Almighty God will continue to strengthen him and his team to deliver even greater development to the African continent.” The President said
The election result, which gave him a hundred percent of votes of all regional and non-regional members of the Bank, was announced by the Chairperson of the Board, Mrs. Niale Kaba, Minister of National Planning of Côte d’Ivoire.
The election was held on the final day of the 2020 Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank Group, which was held virtually for the first time.
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help