Estimated Reading Time: 1
Dr. Akinwunmi Adesina has been re-elected as the President of the Africa Development Bank.
Adesina was re-elected by the Board of Governors of the Bank at the ongoing AfDB’s virtual annual meeting in Abidjan on Thursday.
“Nigeria’s Dr. Akinwumi Adesina has been re-elected as the President of the African Development Bank (AfDB),” presidential spokesman Bashir Ahmed tweeted on Thursday.
“With this re-election, he will spend another 5 years supervising the affairs of the Bank,” he added.
Finance Minister, Zainab Ahmed also congratulated him on her official Twitter account
“At this Annual Meetings, I offer myself to you, our Governors, for your consideration for election for a second term, as President,” Adesina told the governors on the first day of the AfDB’s annual general meetings on Wednesday.
“I do so, with humility. I do so with a strong sense of duty and commitment and a call to serve Africa and our Bank, selflessly, to the very best of my God-given abilities.”
An Independent Review Panel exonerated Akinwumi Adesina, of any ethical wrongdoings.
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis