Estimated Reading Time: 1
The National Central Working Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has appointed the Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, as Chairman of the campaign committee for the October 10 governorship election in Ondo State.
According to the 145-member list, released by the PDP, Bello Matawallen Maradaun is Deputy Chairman while Abdullahi Maibasira is the secretary.
Other members of the committee include serving and past governors, serving and past members of the National Assembly as well as ambassadors.
Also listed are former Ondo Deputy Governor, Omolade Oluwateru; former governorship aspirants, Eddy Olafeso and Boluwaji Kunlere; as well as immediate past chairman of the PDP in Ondo state, Clement Faboyede.
The party’s National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, said the committee will be inaugurated on Friday at the PDP National Secretariat in Abuja.
- Yoruba people traditionally have what it takes to defend themselves against all enemy attacks – Alaafin writes open letter to Buhari
- Anambra lawmakers take compulsory COVID-19 tests
- Help APC tackle online critics – Umahi charges new Caretaker committee
- Selling public assets will boost the economy – Finance Minister
- We reduced the number of out of school children from 10.1 million in 2019 to 6.9 million in 2020 – Education Minister
- COVID-19: African countries are left behind by developed nations in the race for vaccines – WHO
- FAAC shares N619.343Billion between FG, States and LGAs
- COVID-19: Nigerian Governors dissociate from Yahaya Bello’s anti-vaccine statements
- Health workers and senior political leaders to receive Nigeria’s first COVID-19 vaccine doses in February
- Nigerians spend more money because government does not provide basic amenities – Akinwunwi Adesina