Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Jigawa State chapter of the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, has threatened to boycott the 2020 virtual conference of the association, following the withdrawal of the invitation to Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State.
NewsWireNGR reports that the NBA had withdrawn Mr El-Rufai’s invitation to the conference slated for August 26 to 29, following a protest by some lawyers under the aegis of Open Bar Initiative.
But the state chapter chairman, Garba Abubakar, in a statement on Friday, called on the national leadership of the association to reverse the decision, stressing that failure to do so, the chapter would boycott the conference.
According to him, “A section of the country cannot take, therefore, take us for a ride as well as have fair understanding of the law.
“On the strength of this, we call on the National body, under Present Usoro San to reverse the decision with immediate effect, else the Nigerian Bar Association, Dutse Branch will boycott the virtual annual general conference taking place in a few days to come.”
- Breaking: After agitations for his resignation, Sheikh Isa Pantami forced to renounce comments on Al Qaeda, Taliban
- ‘Dr Muazu Babangida Aliyu Lied,’ – Jonah Jang says Northern governors didn’t work against Jonathan
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results