Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian government has slammed six separate criminal charges against a British national, Mr James Nolan and six other companies over their alleged involvement in the $9.6 Billion naira Process and Industrial Development, P&ID alleged contract scam.
It would be recalled that P&ID, an Irish engineering company, had secured a $9.6B award against Nigeria following the non-execution of a 20-year gas and supply processing agreement, GSPA, the company had with the Nigerian government.
Though the Nigerian government appealed the judgment.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, an anti-graft agency arraigned Mr. James Nolan alongside Lurgi Consult LTD on 8 counts charge of money laundering.
Mr. Nolan who is a director in all the companies charged alongside with him pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Although the six companies had no legal representation, the court entered a ‘not guilty’ plea for them.
Adam Quinn and Neil Murray who are also directors in the companies were also mentioned in the charges.
Counsel to the EFCC, Mr. Bala Sanga said the commission will file an application for the arrest of Quinn and Murray to get them to stand trial.
Meanwhile Counsel to Mr. James Nolan, Mr Paul Erokoro in an oral application urged the court to adopt the bail conditions previously granted to his client in a sister case filed before Justice Okon Abang, a federal high court judge.
Since the application for bail was not opposed by EFCC, Justice Ahmed Ramat Mohammed of the federal high court adopted the previous bail conditions.
The case has been adjourned to October 5 for commencement of trial.
- #EndSARS: You have made your point, please call off the protest; Tinubu begs
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS
- “The ongoing protests show that there is hidden agenda, APC on #EndSARS
- Protesters block airport road as Soldiers take over #EndSARS locations in Abuja