Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Academic Staff Union of Universities ASUU, says its University Transparency
and Accountability Solution platform, an alternative Platform to the Federal goverment’s Integrated payroll and Personnel Information IPPIS , is ready.
The President of the Union, Prof Biodun Ogunyemi made this known in Abuja while briefing Journalists on issues with implications for university governance and the survival of the country under the IPPIS.
Prof Ogunyemi who said that the Union is still on strike stated that the Federal goverment had given ASUU 18months to develop and test and deploy UTAS as payment platform for university lecturers.
“ASUU is pleased to announce that UTAS is now ready for the ” integrity tests” required of it by goverment, indeed, the software was unveiled by way of demonstration to the Minister and Senior Management Staff of the Ministry of Education, including the Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission NUC.
” We must however emphasize that UTAS is far more just an alternative to IPPIS which does not respect the nature , structure and character of the Nigerian University System , it was ill-advised , to have deployed IPPIS in the universities.
“UTAS is beneficial to the university system and Nigeria because it is a locally developed software in line with local content policy of the FGN ,it guarantees automation of staff and salary administration,it allows tracking of staff career progression and exhibits ease of auditing processes,it permits data mining for intelligent analysis and it guarantees national security and sovereignity.”
- Lagos govt says negotiations are ongoing with manufacturers to make COVID-19 vaccines available
- “Scammers bent on defrauding job seekers” -EFCC raise alert
- Just In: Nigeria orders immediate closure of enrollment activities at NIMC Headquarters
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match