Estimated Reading Time: 1
Edo State Governor and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Godwin Obaseki, has warned electorates in the state ahead of the September 19 election not to go home, but to stay and defend their votes to avoid any form of manipulation.
The governor noted that the people must not listen to instructions of anyone to go home, adding that the development of the state was in their hands.
Obaseki stated these on Friday while addressing supporters in Ward 6, Ukhuse in the Owan West Local Government Area of the state, during his reelection campaign rally in the LGA.
The governor said, “On September 19, 2020, come out and vote massively for the PDP and make sure you stay back in your polling units to defend your vote to avoid manipulation.
“Don’t listen to them when they ask you to go home or even threaten you. If you obey them, they will manipulate the results.
“My coming to Ukhuse is homecoming; Four years ago, I couldn’t get to you people because of the bad road, but I made sure I constructed the road for easy transportation. Now you can move your commodities to the market and the next village for sales.
“The development of Edo is in your hands. Come out with your Permanent Voters Cards and vote for the PDP and I will make sure I keep all my promises to you all.”
A PDP chieftain, Kenneth Imasuangbon, at the rally, urged the people not to be intimidated by threats of violence, adding that they must rise up against political godfathers in the state.
Meanwhile, the governor has approved outstanding promotions in the state public service.
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools
- Food items will not be transported to southwest until Fulanis are safe – Miyetti Allah
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Food blockade of south by north