Estimated Reading Time: <1
Four judges have been nominated for appointment as Justices of the Supreme Court by the National Judicial Council
Justices Abdu Aboki, Mohammed Garba, Tijjani Abubakar and Mohammed Saulawa, were Friday, recommended to President Muhammadu Buhari.
Disclosing this in statement, Mr Soji Oye, NJC Director of Information, said Justice Abubakar represents the North-East Zone, and Justices Garba, Aboki and Saulawa, represent North-West.
Recall that Justices Aboki and Garba, were among five-justices that adjudicated on the presidential election petition between, President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
- President Buhari says “we need a corruption-free public sector to achieve transformation”
- Amaechi left a legacy of white elephant projects says Governor Wike
- N2.67 billion school feeding funds have been diverted to private accounts; ICPC reveals
- President Buhari writes to President Xi Jinping of China
- Court awards N50 million against Senator Abbo for assault
- Nigeria’s vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has said Nigeria may break up if efforts are not made to address the cracks
- Former Delta State Governor Uduaghan returns to PDP
- COVID-19: Lagos government launches N5 billion support capital for private schools
- Proposed PIB scraps NNPC, PPPRA in new bill submitted to the National Assembly
- Alwan Hassan: An Open Letter to the Leaders and the Young People of the APC