Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State Government says all roads and bridges under construction in Apapa, will be completed by October.
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu gave the assurance on Sunday during an inspection tour of roads and bridges under construction in Apapa area of Lagos.
Sanwo-Olu said the traffic gridlocks experienced in the axis would be cleared once the projects were completed.
He said there was need to overhaul the entire Apapa road network to improve journey time in and out.
”We need to work in a methodological order and see how we redevelop the whole of Apapa.
”The construction going on is expensive because they are all concrete roads, we have Liverpool and Creek roads all completed.
”I understand that by October, all these network of roads will be opened up to traffic,” Sanwo-Olu said.
According tho the Governor, government was also in discussion with stakeholders and some private owners to create proper holding bay and with the call system to get trucks out of the way and free the roads for easy movement.
”We need to use this opportunity to appeal to all operators to see how they can formalise themselves in a way which we can have better orderly society.
The governor visited the Costain bridge, Alaka bridge, Ijora bridge, Marine bridge, Liverpool, Lillypond and Mile 2, among others.
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children