Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Peoples Democratic Party in Ondo state has reacted to the exit of the deputy governor and governorship aspirant of the party Hon Agboola Ajayi saying it’s of no effect to the party.
In a statement in swift response to Ajayi resignation from the party, its Publicity Secretary, Kennedy lkantu Peretei in Akure said that he would not be missed
The statement reads ” the Peoples Democratic Party in Ondo State has received the exit of Deputy Governor of Ondo State, Agboola Ajayi from the Party, from just online publications.
As a party, we are have not received his letter of resignation but we wish him well in his political journey”.
” Agboola Ajayi joined our party on 22nd June 2020 and participated at the Governorship Primaries having received waiver from the National Secretariat of the Party.
“He has abused the welcome and privilege accorded him by our party supporters during his brief stay in the party.
“He also proved that he is desperate to become the Governor of Ondo State. In the days to come, it will dawn on him that, he has squandered whatever was remaining in his goodwill with this decision.
“However, his exit from the PDP will not affect our prospects of winning the October Gubernatorial Elections.
Peretei said that “The PDP remains solid, strong and more determined than ever before to win the forthcoming governorship elections with a credible and competent candidate in the person of Eyitayo Jegede, SAN.
NewsWireNGR reports that the Deputy Governor, Agboola Ajayi has picked up the ticket to run on the Zenith Labour party
- APC Suspension: ‘A joke taken too far’ says Fayemi
- Auschwitz museum director begs Buhari for 13 year old boy jailed for blasphemy
- Tiv/Jukun conflict: Governor Ishaku urges fleeing communities to return home
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed