Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) has cleared Ondo Deputy Governor, Hon Agboola Ajayi, to contest the October governorship election under its platform.
Ajayi who resigned from the ruling All Progressives Congress(APC) in June amid several controversies, had joined the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) where he contested the primary in July but lost
He then met with former Governor Olusegun Mimiko to run under the ZLP where his application was approved by the executive working committee.
Ondo ZLP chairman Hon. Joseph Akinlaja confirmed the clearance of Ajayi in a telephone chat with The Nation.
Akinlaja said Ajayi would formally join the ZLP on Monday.
He said the ZLP was poised to winning the governorship election in October.
- Just In: Governor Ben Ayade gives out 54 SUVs to LG chairmen, deputies
- Breaking: Emirates airlines resumes flight Operations in Nigeria
- Here’s why the Lagos state Government is cancelling Independence day Parade
- Oba of Benin has asked the PDP not to control Godwin Obaseki
- Former Governor Ayodele Fayose says PDP must retire Olabode George
- Buhari swears in four new permanent secretaries
- Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill passes first reading
- Whistleblowing should include issues of Public Safety – Vice President Osinbajo tells FG
- NERC suspends electricity tariff increase for 14 days
- Trump, Biden exchange words in chaotic first presidential debate