Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) has cleared Ondo Deputy Governor, Hon Agboola Ajayi, to contest the October governorship election under its platform.
Ajayi who resigned from the ruling All Progressives Congress(APC) in June amid several controversies, had joined the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) where he contested the primary in July but lost
He then met with former Governor Olusegun Mimiko to run under the ZLP where his application was approved by the executive working committee.
Ondo ZLP chairman Hon. Joseph Akinlaja confirmed the clearance of Ajayi in a telephone chat with The Nation.
Akinlaja said Ajayi would formally join the ZLP on Monday.
He said the ZLP was poised to winning the governorship election in October.
- Fact Check: Tweet urging Nigerians to register for NIN or get banned is from a parody account
- After 6 days in captivity, Bauchi House of Assembly member has been released
- All Nigerians have the right to live in Oyo State – Seyi Makinde
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021