Estimated Reading Time: 1
Over 40 people have been arrested in Abuja as security operatives disrupted a series of peaceful protests organized by the RevolutionNow group in several Nigerian cities.
In Lagos, the protesters had converged at the Berger roundabout to commence a procession around the city when the combined team of DSS, army and police accosted them. At the computer village Ikeja, in Lagos, teargas was used as traders and the protesters there scampered for safety.
The demands of the Revolution Now group as outlined by the groups spokesperson are;
Stop the killings in the country and sack all the incompetent service chiefs.
Stop all estimated billing by the power companies, provide pre-paid meters for free, and communities must have the right to audit the electricity bills they get, and review the licences of all distribution companies.
Abolition of tuition fees in universities and secondary school and provide employment for the youths.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’