Estimated Reading Time: 2
The Deputy Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Hon. Yekini Idiaye has been impeached.
He was impeached on Wednesday during a plenary session of the Assembly in Benin City.
NewsWireNGR recalls that the Deputy Speaker of the Edo House of Assembly and member representating Akoko-Edo Constituency I, Hon. Yekini Idiaye, and four other members of the Assembly have pledged their support to the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, bringing the numbers of elected members who have declared their support for the APC candidate in Edo Assembly to 17.
Those who joined Idiaye are Hon. Emmanuel Agbaje, Akoko-Edo Constituency II; Hon. Nosayaba Okunbor, Orhiomwon East Constituency; Hon. Dumez Ugiagbe, Member-elect, Ovia North East Constituency I; and Mr. Hon. Vincent Uwadiae, Member-elect, Ovia North East Constituency II.
They all pledged their support during a solidarity visit to the private residence of Pastor Ize-Iyamu in Benin where they declared their support on Monday.
Speaking during the visit, the state assembly members maintained that they will not leave the All Progressives Congress (APC) for another party, assuring Ize-Iyamu of their complete loyalty and commencement of mobilisation of voters at the grassroots to secure his victory at the polls.
In particular, the Deputy Speaker, Hon. Yekini Idiaye, said he had no reason to join the incumbent governor in his defection, or to back his re-election bid, because Governor Godwin Obaseki had failed to initiate any developmental project in his constituency despite his consistent intervention efforts.
He said: “There is no reason for me to defect to another party because there is no single project in my village to show under this present administration.”
“I am from Somorika, in Akoko Edo Local government area and my village is the most backward in Akoko Edo.”
In the same vein, Hon. Emmanuel Agbaje said the four-year tenure of Governor Godwin Obaseki had been a waste for Edo State and it is time to go to the next level with Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.
“There are clear reasons why we are standing for our party because what would have been our problem in making progress has left us.”
“I want to assure Edo people that with the emergence of Ize-Iyamu, Edo will move forward”.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students