Estimated Reading Time: 1
Edo state Deputy Governor, Hon. Philip Shaibu, has accused the deputy speaker, Hon. Yekini Idiaye, and another member of the house, Hon. Emmanuel Agbaje, of collecting N40 million each from the former national of the All Progressive Congress, Adams Oshomhole, to support the party’s candidate in the forth-coming election, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.
Addressing supporters on Tuesday during a campaign rally in Lampese, Akoko-Edo LGA, Shaibu said the Deputy Speaker who is representing Akoko-Edo Constituency I, Idiaye, and member representing Akoko-Edo Constituency II, Agbaje, were paid N40 million each to influence their support for Ize-Iyamu.
“Hon Agbaje and Hon. Yekini collected N40 million each to sell their support for Ize-Iyamu. Oshiomhole also gave N5 million each to councilors to switch loyalty and support the APC candidate.
I had a meeting with these lawmakers who demanded $10,000 but I told them Obaseki is not a governor that shares money but uses such money for the development of Edo State. Use your Permanent Voters Card (PVC) to vote these corrupt leaders out of office”, Shaibu charged the people.” He said
The Deputy Governor, then called on the people of Akoko-Edo Local Government Area (LGA) to ask their representatives at the state’s House of Assembly, Hon. Yekini Idiaye and Hon. Emmanuel Agbaje, for their share of the N40 million given to each of them by Adams Oshiomhole, to influence their support for the APC candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.
The Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate and Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, and his Deputy, Shaibu, on Monday kicked off their re-election campaign in Edo North Senatorial District, with a visit to the palace of the Otaru of Igarra, Oba Emmanuel Adeche Saiki II, where were received by the traditional ruler and his people.
- Whistleblowing should include issues of Public Safety – Vice President Osinbajo tells FG
- NERC suspends electricity tariff increase for 14 days
- Trump, Biden exchange words in chaotic first presidential debate
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri