Estimated Reading Time: 1
Kwara Deputy Governor Kayode Alabi and his wife Abieyuwa have contracted coronavirus.
This was made known in a statement by the state’s Technical Committee on COVID-19 spokesperson, Rafiu Ajakaye, on Tuesday,
The statement titled, ‘Kwara Dep Gov, wife test positive for COVID-19’, said immediate contact tracing and tests have begun.
The statement read, “Yesterday August 3rd, 2020, His Excellency the Deputy Governor and Chairman of the Kwara State Technical Committee Kayode Alabi and his wife, Her Excellency Mrs Abieyuwa Alabi, underwent COVID-19 test after they showed slight symptoms of the virus.
“The results of their test are positive. The second couple are very stable and in high spirit, and are now undergoing standard management protocols supervised by the government’s medical team.
“Immediate contact tracing and tests, among other safety protocols, are being done for persons who have met with the couple in the past few days.
“The government wishes the second couple and all others quick recovery.”
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children