Estimated Reading Time: 1
Kwara Deputy Governor Kayode Alabi and his wife Abieyuwa have contracted coronavirus.
This was made known in a statement by the state’s Technical Committee on COVID-19 spokesperson, Rafiu Ajakaye, on Tuesday,
The statement titled, ‘Kwara Dep Gov, wife test positive for COVID-19’, said immediate contact tracing and tests have begun.
The statement read, “Yesterday August 3rd, 2020, His Excellency the Deputy Governor and Chairman of the Kwara State Technical Committee Kayode Alabi and his wife, Her Excellency Mrs Abieyuwa Alabi, underwent COVID-19 test after they showed slight symptoms of the virus.
“The results of their test are positive. The second couple are very stable and in high spirit, and are now undergoing standard management protocols supervised by the government’s medical team.
“Immediate contact tracing and tests, among other safety protocols, are being done for persons who have met with the couple in the past few days.
“The government wishes the second couple and all others quick recovery.”
- APC Suspension: ‘A joke taken too far’ says Fayemi
- Auschwitz museum director begs Buhari for 13 year old boy jailed for blasphemy
- Tiv/Jukun conflict: Governor Ishaku urges fleeing communities to return home
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed