Estimated Reading Time: 1
A former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Paty, PDP, Senator Barnabas Germade, has again returned to the All Progressives Congress, APC.
Germade had once left the APC to the Social Democratic Party, SDP, shortly before the last general election but lost to the PDP candidate and former governor of the state, Senator Gabriel Suswam.
Germade has now returned to the APC on Saturday during a ceremony in his village, Gemade Village, Mbajov, Mbawar Council Ward of Konshisha Local Government Area of Benue State.
The politician also defected to the APC alongside Mr Terngu Shawon who served as the gubernatorial campaign Director-General of the PDP in the 2019 election.
Speaking on his return to APC, Senator Germade said he returned to APC after due consultations with the leadership of the party at the national, state, local and ward levels.
Reacting to Germade’s retun, state chairman of the party, Comrade Abba Yaro expressed joy that Senator Gemade had returned to the party.
Comrade Yaro described Senator Germade as an asset to the party and cautioned members of the party against any form of decriminalizing against returnees to the APC.
- Lagos govt says negotiations are ongoing with manufacturers to make COVID-19 vaccines available
- “Scammers bent on defrauding job seekers” -EFCC raise alert
- Just In: Nigeria orders immediate closure of enrollment activities at NIMC Headquarters
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match