Estimated Reading Time: 1
A former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Paty, PDP, Senator Barnabas Germade, has again returned to the All Progressives Congress, APC.
Germade had once left the APC to the Social Democratic Party, SDP, shortly before the last general election but lost to the PDP candidate and former governor of the state, Senator Gabriel Suswam.
Germade has now returned to the APC on Saturday during a ceremony in his village, Gemade Village, Mbajov, Mbawar Council Ward of Konshisha Local Government Area of Benue State.
The politician also defected to the APC alongside Mr Terngu Shawon who served as the gubernatorial campaign Director-General of the PDP in the 2019 election.
Speaking on his return to APC, Senator Germade said he returned to APC after due consultations with the leadership of the party at the national, state, local and ward levels.
Reacting to Germade’s retun, state chairman of the party, Comrade Abba Yaro expressed joy that Senator Gemade had returned to the party.
Comrade Yaro described Senator Germade as an asset to the party and cautioned members of the party against any form of decriminalizing against returnees to the APC.
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office