Estimated Reading Time: <1
One of the founding members of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Barnabas Gemade has picked up the senatorial primary ticket of the All progressives Congress (APC) a few hours after decamping from the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP).
It was gathered that Gemade won the party primary of the APC for the Benue North East senatorial zone early this morning. He will now contest against incumbent governor, Gabriel Suswam during next year’s general elections.
His defection from the PDP stems from a disagreement with Suswam over who should fly the party’s flag for Benue North Senatorial zone.
Sources say the former National Chairman of the PDP, Senator Banabas Gemade decided to join the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC, to realize his re-election bid in the Senate.
The source further stated that Gemade who is the Chairman, Senate Committee on National Planning will join forces with the former governor of the state and Senate Minority Leader, Senator George Akume to ensure that APC captures the state in 2015 general elections.
The source claimed that Senator Gemade decided to leave the PDP because the National Working Committee, NWC, of the PDP, turned down the list of his (Gemade) delegates and recognized the governor’s list which he claimed were allegedly written in the comfort of his Anyiim, Logo country home, Benue State.
NewsWireNGR recalls that Senator Akume was allegedly pushed out of the PDP and he joined the opposition party to win his election in 2011 and has become a Chieftain of the APC and Minority Leader in the senate.
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party