Estimated Reading Time: <1
One of the founding members of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Barnabas Gemade has picked up the senatorial primary ticket of the All progressives Congress (APC) a few hours after decamping from the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP).
It was gathered that Gemade won the party primary of the APC for the Benue North East senatorial zone early this morning. He will now contest against incumbent governor, Gabriel Suswam during next year’s general elections.
His defection from the PDP stems from a disagreement with Suswam over who should fly the party’s flag for Benue North Senatorial zone.
Sources say the former National Chairman of the PDP, Senator Banabas Gemade decided to join the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC, to realize his re-election bid in the Senate.
The source further stated that Gemade who is the Chairman, Senate Committee on National Planning will join forces with the former governor of the state and Senate Minority Leader, Senator George Akume to ensure that APC captures the state in 2015 general elections.
The source claimed that Senator Gemade decided to leave the PDP because the National Working Committee, NWC, of the PDP, turned down the list of his (Gemade) delegates and recognized the governor’s list which he claimed were allegedly written in the comfort of his Anyiim, Logo country home, Benue State.
NewsWireNGR recalls that Senator Akume was allegedly pushed out of the PDP and he joined the opposition party to win his election in 2011 and has become a Chieftain of the APC and Minority Leader in the senate.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists