Estimated Reading Time: 1
Abia State Governor Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has sacked Commissioner of Transport Barr. Ekele Nwaohammuo.
A statement by Chief of Staff to the Governor Dr. Anthony Agbazuere on Sunday said the Transition Committee Chairmen for Aba North Victor Ubani; Aba South Cherechi Wogu and Ibe Local Government Areas, Umunnoechi Mathew have also been suspended.
The Governor also sacked General Manager of Traffic and Indiscipline Management Agency of Abia State (TIMAAS), Mr. Bright Ikeokwu.
No reason was however given for the sacks.
The statement reads: “The Governor of Abia State, Okezie Victor Ikpeazu, Ph.D has approved the immediate suspension of the following
- The General Manager of Traffic and Indiscipline Management Agency of Abia State (TIMAAS).
- The Transition Committee Chairman of Aba South Local Government Area.
- The Transition Committee Chairman of Aba North Local Government Area.
“The Governor has also relieved the Commissioner of Transport, Barr. Ekele Nwaohammuo of his appointment as Honourable Commissioner.
“The Transition Committee Chairman of Umuneochi LGA, Engr. Mathew Ibe has equally been relieved of his appointment.
The Governor, Okezie Victor Ikpeazu, Ph.D has also approved the appointment of the following as Commissioner Nominees;
- Tony Nwanmuo
- Godswill Nwonoruo
“The Governor has also approved the appointment of Barr. Ezechikamnayo as Transition Committee Chairman Nominee for Umuneochi Local Government Area.
“The Deputy Chairmen of the affected Local Government Areas are to take over and together with their Heads of Service immediately set up a taskforce to check environmental indiscipline and other vices.
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match
- Abia State Government gives 7 Days ultimatum to street traders in Aba
- Oyo State gets first female Police Commissioner
- Wedding Photos: Former speaker Dimeji Bankole weds Kebbi Governor’s daughter