Estimated Reading Time: 1
Abia State Governor Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has sacked Commissioner of Transport Barr. Ekele Nwaohammuo.
A statement by Chief of Staff to the Governor Dr. Anthony Agbazuere on Sunday said the Transition Committee Chairmen for Aba North Victor Ubani; Aba South Cherechi Wogu and Ibe Local Government Areas, Umunnoechi Mathew have also been suspended.
The Governor also sacked General Manager of Traffic and Indiscipline Management Agency of Abia State (TIMAAS), Mr. Bright Ikeokwu.
No reason was however given for the sacks.
The statement reads: “The Governor of Abia State, Okezie Victor Ikpeazu, Ph.D has approved the immediate suspension of the following
- The General Manager of Traffic and Indiscipline Management Agency of Abia State (TIMAAS).
- The Transition Committee Chairman of Aba South Local Government Area.
- The Transition Committee Chairman of Aba North Local Government Area.
“The Governor has also relieved the Commissioner of Transport, Barr. Ekele Nwaohammuo of his appointment as Honourable Commissioner.
“The Transition Committee Chairman of Umuneochi LGA, Engr. Mathew Ibe has equally been relieved of his appointment.
The Governor, Okezie Victor Ikpeazu, Ph.D has also approved the appointment of the following as Commissioner Nominees;
- Tony Nwanmuo
- Godswill Nwonoruo
“The Governor has also approved the appointment of Barr. Ezechikamnayo as Transition Committee Chairman Nominee for Umuneochi Local Government Area.
“The Deputy Chairmen of the affected Local Government Areas are to take over and together with their Heads of Service immediately set up a taskforce to check environmental indiscipline and other vices.
- Whistleblowing should include issues of Public Safety – Vice President Osinbajo tells FG
- NERC suspends electricity tariff increase for 14 days
- Trump, Biden exchange words in chaotic first presidential debate
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri