Estimated Reading Time: 1
Leaders and citizens of Borno State are no longer safe, said the Shehu of Borno, Alhaji Abubakar Ibn Umar Garbai Elkanemi.
He said this in response to the attack on the convoy of Governor Babagana Umara Zulum, when he paid traditional Sallah homage on the Governor at the Government House.
“If a convoy of such highly placed person in the State will be attacked, I repeat, nobody is safe. The matter is getting worse, I urge everyone to raise up our hands to seek Allah’s intervention” The Sheu said
The Governor’s convoy was last Wednesday shot at Baga town in Kukawa local government area during a visit to the area.
The Shehu, during his homage to the governor, said: “Your Excellency, we are not happy about what has happened in Baga the other time, it is a very unfortunate and great pity. If the convoy of the whole Chief Security Officer of the state will be attacked, then wallahi nobody is safe, because he is the number one citizen of the state, he is the Chief Security Officer of the State.”
Speaking about the COVID-19 pandemic, he urged Borno citizens to continue to adhere strictly to all preventive protocols advocated by health experts.
- Just In: FG makes u-turn apologises for asking all bank, other account holders to re-register
- A soldier fighting Boko Haram insurgents in the north-east has reportedly killed himself
- Nigerian Government orders all bank account Holders to fill ‘self-certification’ Form – threatens to shut non-compliant accounts
- COVID-19 test: FG to suspend passports of errant travellers for six months
- After US, UK also threatens sanctions against violence sponsors in Edo, Ondo Polls
- FAAC share N682 Billion August revenue to FG, States and LGs
- Kogi State governor, Yahaya Bello, accuse US Govt of playing partisan politics- Protest against visa ban
- Nigeria@60 Logo Not Plagarised – Media Agencies
- Opinion: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu…and Edo 2020
- President Buhari has signed the Nigeria Police Bill 2020