Estimated Reading Time: 1
Leaders and citizens of Borno State are no longer safe, said the Shehu of Borno, Alhaji Abubakar Ibn Umar Garbai Elkanemi.
He said this in response to the attack on the convoy of Governor Babagana Umara Zulum, when he paid traditional Sallah homage on the Governor at the Government House.
“If a convoy of such highly placed person in the State will be attacked, I repeat, nobody is safe. The matter is getting worse, I urge everyone to raise up our hands to seek Allah’s intervention” The Sheu said
The Governor’s convoy was last Wednesday shot at Baga town in Kukawa local government area during a visit to the area.
The Shehu, during his homage to the governor, said: “Your Excellency, we are not happy about what has happened in Baga the other time, it is a very unfortunate and great pity. If the convoy of the whole Chief Security Officer of the state will be attacked, then wallahi nobody is safe, because he is the number one citizen of the state, he is the Chief Security Officer of the State.”
Speaking about the COVID-19 pandemic, he urged Borno citizens to continue to adhere strictly to all preventive protocols advocated by health experts.
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help
- I raped her for collecting my money and refusing me sex – Suspect confesses
- Investigation: Nigeria’s government is waging a never-ending war on public freedoms
- My son knows I am vehemently against his sexuality – Doyin Okupe reacts to his son’s sexuality
- Gani Adams support Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen
- Court convicts 20-year-old for doctoring fake ‘Sex Tape’ of Imo Commissioner, Willie Amadi
- Yoruba people traditionally have what it takes to defend themselves against all enemy attacks – Alaafin writes open letter to Buhari