Estimated Reading Time: 1
Leaders and citizens of Borno State are no longer safe, said the Shehu of Borno, Alhaji Abubakar Ibn Umar Garbai Elkanemi.
He said this in response to the attack on the convoy of Governor Babagana Umara Zulum, when he paid traditional Sallah homage on the Governor at the Government House.
“If a convoy of such highly placed person in the State will be attacked, I repeat, nobody is safe. The matter is getting worse, I urge everyone to raise up our hands to seek Allah’s intervention” The Sheu said
The Governor’s convoy was last Wednesday shot at Baga town in Kukawa local government area during a visit to the area.
The Shehu, during his homage to the governor, said: “Your Excellency, we are not happy about what has happened in Baga the other time, it is a very unfortunate and great pity. If the convoy of the whole Chief Security Officer of the state will be attacked, then wallahi nobody is safe, because he is the number one citizen of the state, he is the Chief Security Officer of the State.”
Speaking about the COVID-19 pandemic, he urged Borno citizens to continue to adhere strictly to all preventive protocols advocated by health experts.
- FG fix price of petroleum at N138.62, an increase of N6 from its previous N132 – N133
- Tonnie Iredia, says the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has hijacked the duties of NBC DG
- Nigerian Air Force to establish operational base in Gombe
- Flood Control: FCTA demolishes over 102 houses
- Allegations of illegal activity against IGP entirely false – NPF
- After NewsWireNGR special report on Nigerian farmers, NIRSAL opens applications for access to finance
- New details emerge on the arrest of Abia lawyer allegedly detained by DSS without trial
- 100 pilots at Bristow helicopters have been fired
- Federal government develops national policy on virtual meetings
- Insecurity: President Buhari directs security operatives to re-strategise