Estimated Reading Time: 1
Prosecutors in Florida on Friday have filed criminal charges against a 17-year-old accused of masterminding the massive hack of high-profile Twitter users in mid-July.
Investigators identified Florida resident Graham Ivan Clark as the “mastermind” of the cyberattack and arrested him in Tampa, Hillsborough state attorney Andrew Warren said.
The attack which Twitter said resulted from a “phone spear phishing” attack enabled the hackers to take control of accounts of famous people such as Bill Gates, Elon Musk and former US president Barack Obama and trick people into sending more than $100,000 worth of Bitcoin.
“This defendant lives here in Tampa, he committed the crime here, and he’ll be prosecuted here,” Warren added.
- FG fix price of petroleum at N138.62, an increase of N6 from its previous N132 – N133
- Tonnie Iredia, says the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has hijacked the duties of NBC DG
- Nigerian Air Force to establish operational base in Gombe
- Flood Control: FCTA demolishes over 102 houses
- Allegations of illegal activity against IGP entirely false – NPF
- After NewsWireNGR special report on Nigerian farmers, NIRSAL opens applications for access to finance
- New details emerge on the arrest of Abia lawyer allegedly detained by DSS without trial
- 100 pilots at Bristow helicopters have been fired
- Federal government develops national policy on virtual meetings
- Insecurity: President Buhari directs security operatives to re-strategise