Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi has tested negative for COVID-19.
The Governor, who went on isolation eleven days ago after testing positive for the virus, expressed gratitude for the prayers and good wishes received from well-wishers while the period lasted.
Governor Fayemi, in a tweet early Saturday, 1st of August 2020, reminded Nigerians of the need to sustain efforts to tackle COVID 19 pandemic.
“After 11 days in isolation, I received news that my CoviD 19 repeat test came back negative. My sincere gratitude goes to God Almighty, my family, my medical team and all well wishers for the prayers and solidarity. We must continue to do all we can to tackle the pandemic. JKF”….
Meanwhile, Nigeria has recorded 462 new cases of the novel coronavirus, bringing its total infections to 43, 151.
This is according to the nation’s top disease control agency. In a tweet on Friday night, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) noted that one more person has died from the virus as recovery numbers hit 19,565.
Unlike previous cases, the FCT topped states with new infections after reporting 93 fresh cases, followed next by Lagos with 78 cases.
Other states with new cases include Plateau – 64, Kaduna – 54, Oyo – 47, Ondo – 32, Adamawa – 23, Bauchi – 19, Rivers, Ogun and Delta each reporting 9 cases, Edo – 7, Kano and Enugu each reporting 6 cases, Nasarawa – 5 and Osun – 1.
- PDP says the prophecy that the APC and its leaders will be stoned for failure has come to pass
- Breaking: Gunmen Kill First Class Traditional Ruler
- #EndSARS: Feminist Coalition website suffers suspected cyberattack
- APC chairman formally receives Senator found guilty of assault, into the party
- ‘Northern Nigeria is the worst place to live in this country’ – Sultan Of Sokoto laments
- Twitter Lawsuit: “We got notice for the hearing late” Adamu Garba explains absence from court
- Mahmood Yakubu asks National Assembly to pass amended electoral act before Q1 2021
- Nigeria is the third most terrorized country in the world according to Global Terrorism Index
- Argentine football legend, Diego Maradona to be buried in Buenos Aires
- Lai Mohammed says despite recession, Nigeria’s economy is improving