Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi has tested negative for COVID-19.
The Governor, who went on isolation eleven days ago after testing positive for the virus, expressed gratitude for the prayers and good wishes received from well-wishers while the period lasted.
Governor Fayemi, in a tweet early Saturday, 1st of August 2020, reminded Nigerians of the need to sustain efforts to tackle COVID 19 pandemic.
“After 11 days in isolation, I received news that my CoviD 19 repeat test came back negative. My sincere gratitude goes to God Almighty, my family, my medical team and all well wishers for the prayers and solidarity. We must continue to do all we can to tackle the pandemic. JKF”….
Meanwhile, Nigeria has recorded 462 new cases of the novel coronavirus, bringing its total infections to 43, 151.
This is according to the nation’s top disease control agency. In a tweet on Friday night, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) noted that one more person has died from the virus as recovery numbers hit 19,565.
Unlike previous cases, the FCT topped states with new infections after reporting 93 fresh cases, followed next by Lagos with 78 cases.
Other states with new cases include Plateau – 64, Kaduna – 54, Oyo – 47, Ondo – 32, Adamawa – 23, Bauchi – 19, Rivers, Ogun and Delta each reporting 9 cases, Edo – 7, Kano and Enugu each reporting 6 cases, Nasarawa – 5 and Osun – 1.
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents