Estimated Reading Time: <1
Five people have been killed in two bomb blasts within Maiduguri, capital of Borno state
TheCable reports that the first blast occurred around Gunge, a resident area, around 6pm.
According to a security source, the other blast happened around a place where cars are sold in the state capital.
Mr Mohammed Ndatsu, who is the Commissioner of Police in the state, confirmed the casualty figure to journalists
The commissioner said Boko Haram insurgents are behind the attacks which happened 24 hours after the convoy of Babagana Zulum, the governor, was attacked in Kukawa local government area of the state
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries