Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari has met with governors of the All Progressives Congress at the villa and he says he is pleased with the work of the party’s caretaker committee, especially its efforts at coordinating and strengthening the party.
Following the suspension of the National Chairman and the National Working Committee of the APC in June, the National Executive Committee of the party chose the Yobe State governor Mai Mala Buni and others as the Chairman and members of the Caretaker Committee as well as of the extraordinary National Convention Committee respectively.
The meeting which was held virtually had in attendance, the chairman of the progressives governors forum, Atiku Bagudu physically present at the Villa.
Speaking at the meeting, President Buhari commended the Chairman, as well as the governors over the success of the party’s governorship primaries in Edo and Ondo State.
I am pleased with the Chairman and the work of the committee. He is highly mobile in the efforts to coordinate and strengthen the party. I am happy with his personal efforts,” President Buhari said.
“I am happy that they knew their responsibilities as Governors and had identified the right priorities.”
Speaking on behalf of his colleagues, the Governor of Kebbi State and Chairman of the Progressives Governors Forum, Senator Atiku Bagudu, thanked President Buhari for taking the right steps to resolve the crisis in the party.
The APC Governors also commended the President for his handling of security issues and the economy, noting in particular, the success recorded in pulling the country out of the 2016 economic recession as well as the ongoing management of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Just In: Governor Ben Ayade gives out 54 SUVs to LG chairmen, deputies
- Breaking: Emirates airlines resumes flight Operations in Nigeria
- Here’s why the Lagos state Government is cancelling Independence day Parade
- Oba of Benin has asked the PDP not to control Godwin Obaseki
- Former Governor Ayodele Fayose says PDP must retire Olabode George
- Buhari swears in four new permanent secretaries
- Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill passes first reading
- Whistleblowing should include issues of Public Safety – Vice President Osinbajo tells FG
- NERC suspends electricity tariff increase for 14 days
- Trump, Biden exchange words in chaotic first presidential debate