Estimated Reading Time: 1
Concerned Nigerians, a pro-democracy and human rights group has called on President Muhammadu Buhari and Kaduna state Governor, Mallam Nasir Elrufai to put an end to killings in Southern Kaduna or resign as president and governor.
The group in a press statement made available to journalists said, the continued attacks, killings and maiming of Southern Kaduna people by suspected Herdsmen without any meaningful intervention from the Federal and State governments is shocking and despicable.
“We condemn in strong terms, the mindless killing of the indigenous people in Southern Kaduna over the past few weeks. All lives matter and we call on the Government of Nigeria and the governor of Kaduna state, Malam Nasir Elrufai to wake up to their civic responsibility in addressing the killings of civilians and bring the perpetrators of this dastardly act to justice.”
“Enough of these senseless and mindless killings. The indigenous people of Southern Kaduna need a respite from all these killings and unrest in their villages”.
“Every citizen in Nigeria has a right to be protected by the government and the silence of the state and federal governments concerning the killings going on in Southern Kaduna speak volumes.”
“We are equally calling for the resignation of Governor Nasir El-rufai and President Muhammadu Buhari as they have woefully failed in carrying out their duties to the people that they were elected to protect.”
The group’s convener, Deji Adeyanju expresses his deepest condolences to the families of the victims and prays God to grant the souls of all those that have been killed, eternal repose.
- Whistleblowing should include issues of Public Safety – Vice President Osinbajo tells FG
- NERC suspends electricity tariff increase for 14 days
- Trump, Biden exchange words in chaotic first presidential debate
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri